Home

In today’s world, effective heating and cooling in your home has become a necessity, not a luxury. With two thirds of the United States having air conditioners and almost everyone having central heating it’s not surprising that the country spends 11 billion dollars a year on A/C and 81 billion dollars on heating.

In fact, did you know that 45% of energy consumed by the average US household is for heating and 6% for cooling alone? That totals to 51% of energy is used just for home climate control! This means that for the average American, staying comfortable all year round is problems the largest expense in their home, and unlike your TV service or Netflix subscription, air conditioning and central heating isn’t something most people can truly live without.

That means being smart with your heating and cooling can have a big impact on your bills each month. Instead of cranking up (or down if it’s the summer) the thermostat, consider checking out some of our articles on how you can improve your home experience without spending more on your energy bill. You may even save some money while you’re at it!

Some useful tips include regularly cleaning your air duct filters, keeping your windows covered, and considering a new programmable thermostat.

Whether you are looking to save on heating and cooling, looking to upgrade to a new furnace, or just want some tips to beat the summer heat our articles have you covered for all the tips and tricks you need to get the most out of your home. We’ve pulled together useful articles and list to help you better understand heating and air conditioning, and within a few clicks you can be saving money on your heating and cooling bills.

 

Heating:

home%20heating[1]

Your toaster oven is a 100% energy efficient heat source, but you are not likely to heat your home with one, are you? Everyone wants low cost high efficiency heating, and for good reason. Space heating is the most expensive cost in most people’s homes, so making sure you have the most efficient heating solution can save you lots of money while keeping your home comfortable all winter long.

Click here for articles on how to improve your current home’s heating and if it’s time to upgrade to a newer, more efficient system.

Cooling:

M03A_CategoryHero_AirConditioner_2_Background[1]

Summer in the US means three things: Beaches, bathing suites, and air conditioning. As summer starts to heat up, many Americans respond by turning up their air conditioners and sending their electric bills through the roof. This summer, be smart and learn how to keep your home cool and comfortable without breaking the bank.

Click here for articles on how to improve your air conditioners efficiency and quick tips on keeping your house cool without spending a dime.